Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sunday fun: patch me if you can

Ahhhhh, another Sunday, another trip to Meijer for stuff I needed, another jaunt down the card aisle looking for deals.  Blasters of 2009 Topps baseball I and II were $15, which seemed reasonable, so today you're getting a blog post twofer.  I won't bore you with most of the contents, but each included one guaranteed manupatch, and both were worth it:

Steve Carlton 1969 All-Star Game


Nolan Ryan 1989 All-Star Game

Before any of you says a thing, the Carlton (my second manupatch of him, this time with the Cards instead of the Phils) is available for trade while the Ryan isn't, because it's awesome.  Apologies in advance to those of you who I know are Ryan/Rangers fans, not the least of which is Mr. Play at the Plate himself, who seems to win every contest he enters anyway, so I don't feel so bad!

On a related note, I still need a ton of cards from both series for the base set because I never bought more than these blasters and some rack packs.  So many, in fact, that I don't have a wantlist yet.  On a related related note, my Series I blaster contained only the retail-exclusive black cards, which wouldn't go well with my regular base cards (all racist jokes aside, so please refrain) in terms of consistency.  Does anyone have a bunch of 2009 dupes for trade, and if you do, would you be interested in around 60 of the black Series I base cards in return?  I'll put together a list one of these days but may attack the problem with rack packs or something first.

Anyway, no formal review, but for $15 each these blasters came out great because I got a few inserts, a few Series II cards I needed, and best of all, I got two great manupatches, one for trade and one to keep.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pulls and don't feel bad, I actually have that Ryan already. I have a pretty good number of 2009 dupes I could send you. I'll trade for the black parallels. I can always parcel them out in trade packages. Let me find the box and let you know what I have.

    ReplyDelete