Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday fun: Saturday pickups and more

WOLVERINES!

I grabbed this pair of Michigan players (as usual) from a BlowoutCards forum for sale post.  I had dealt with the seller before so I knew the guy was legit; unfortunately shipping took a LOT longer this time (this was a few weeks ago) for some reason--the crazy weather the last few weeks, the general incompetence of the USPS, or all of the above.  Fortunately, they safely arrived in my mailbox yesterday.  For $15 delivered I picked up this great duo:

Jake Long 2008 Topps Triple Threads triple jersey/auto/RC:  TTT RCs often look great, and this one is no exception.  I'd been wanting one of several of my Wolverines for a while, and this was a great chance to pick one up.  Bonus points for green jersey pieces instead of white (which should be outlawed at this point).

Mario Manningham 2008 SP Authentic patch/auto/RC:  This was the prize of the pickup for me.  I'd really wanted this card and actually saw it several times in Blowout threads but was never quick enough to grab it (or the seller was asking an absurd price).  It's a Super Mario autographed RC and it has a nice two color "patch" on it, what's not to like?

Retail moratorium over:
I didn't actually impose a literal moratorium on buying retail stuff, but it had been quite a while since I bought blasters/packs at a store.  While I was at Meijer yesterday, among other things I grabbed a blaster of 2009 Upper Deck Rookie Premiere football cards.  It's basically a 30 card boxed set that also gives you a chance at an autograph.  The set comes shrink-wrapped inside a way-too-big blaster box.  I didn't pull an autograph, but I was happy with how the set looks and decided to present it here:
Aaron Curry, Brandon Pettigrew, Brian Robiskie, Chris Wells, Darius Heyward-Bey, Deon Butler, Derrick Williams, Donald Brown, Hackeem Nicks

Jason Smith, Javon Ringer, Jeremy Maclin, Josh Freeman, Juaquin Iglesias, Kenny Britt, Knowshon Moreno, LeSean McCoy, Mark Sanchez

Matthew Stafford, Michael Crabtree, Mohamed Massaquoi, Nate Davis, Pat White, Patrick Turner, Percy Harvin, Ramses Barden, Rhett Bomar

Shonn Greene, Tyson Jackson, Checklist

Not bad for $5.  No Wolverines, but a good trio of Lions and overall a nice group of rookies with some cool photography.

Reminder:  GSNHOF trade bait draft tonight:
I'll be there, of course, because I'm participating, but I still recommend non-participants check it out too because it could lead to lots of great deals with those that are.  Check it out tonight at 7:30 EST.

No comments:

Post a Comment